This online course is designed for energy auditors, weatherization contractors and home inspectors who use thermal imaging or are considering adding the technology to their program. IR for Weatherization and Energy Audits will meet the needs of any building thermographer that is using infrared to inspect residential buildings for insulation defects, air leakage problems and moisture related issues. Courses are open to all models of thermal imaging equipment.
Completion of this course prepares students to successfully apply infrared technology to residential energy audits.
Topics covered include:
- Overview of infrared camera equipment
- Operating a thermal imager
- Hands-on IR camera exercises
- Basic heat transfer theory
- Principles of IR for building applications
- Insulation inspections
- Air leakage inspections
- Using infrared with a blower door
- Special circumstances and thermal patterns encountered
- Residential moisture investigations
- Low-Slope Roof moisture inspections of commercial and industrial facilities