Have you ever wanted to take an infrared thermography training course but couldn’t get away from work or find the time to travel to the class?
The Snell Group now provides online training courses you can participate in without leaving your home or office. Learn at your own pace, when and where you want! As technology in the world around us advances, so does the delivery of infrared training. The Snell Group’s new online training courses feature the knowledge-rich material students expect from a live course, combined with the convenience of a web-based platform.
Level 1 - Thermographic Applications
This online class covers the theory, equipment and applications of infrared thermography in the condition monitoring, quality assurance, building envelope and nondestructive testing of materials fields.There is no pre-requisite for this class. More Info »
Infrared for Electrical Inspections is a two-day course is designed for the novice infrared thermographer in understanding the requirements for conducting successful electrical inspections. There is no pre-requisite for this class. It is best suited for someone with a basic understanding of electrical apparatus and systems. The course is open to all people—whether or not they currently own a thermal imager. More Info »
Infrared for Mechanical Inspections is a two-day course is designed for the novice infrared thermographer in understanding the requirements for conducting successful mechanical inspections. There is no pre-requisite for this class. The course is open to all people—whether or not they currently own a thermal imager. More Info »
Infrared for Building Inspections
Infrared for Building Inspections is designed for energy auditors, weatherization contractors and crew members, and other building performance professionals who use thermal imaging to help determine building performance due to insulation defects, air leakage problems and moisture related issues. Completion of the course prepares students to successfully apply the technology to residential and small commercial buildings. More Info »
Infrared for Roof Inspections
This course is designed for the novice infrared thermographer in understanding the requirements for conducting successful low-slope inspections. There is no pre-requisite for this class. The course is open to all people—whether or not they currently own a thermal imager. More Info »
Benefits of Online Training
- Convenience - Learn when you want and from where you want
- Flexibility - Learn at your own pace, stopping and reviewing as often as needed
- Time Savings - Less time away from work
- Money Savings - Save on travel costs like airfare and hotel
- Accessibility - No waiting for the next available course in a specific location
- Ease of Use - All you have to do to gain industry leading knowledge is to register, create a log-in and password, and begin to learn
Curriculum & Instructors
Our curriculum is designed and overseen by ASNT Level 3 NDT and PdM Certificate Holders. All instructors have years of field experience as well as instructional backgrounds and have been certified in the Snell Methodology of Instruction. This assures the viewer the highest quality instruction and educational content.
The video-based course is divided up into sections including lectures, hands-on infrared demonstrations and experiments, and field assignments. Each module is a building block that allows the viewer to build their knowledge in a progressive sequence. Quizzes, supplemental materials, and exercises reinforce important learning concepts. You can start and stop each module whenever you want to, and go back to any and all modules at any time to watch again.
Instructor Support & Interaction
When you are enrolled in one of our online courses and find yourself needing help it’s only a click away. If you need additional help with the course material or have specific questions about your thermal imager, we have conveniently set up a private section in our Snell Community to ask questions and interface with our instructors and other students. You may also receive support privately by e-mail.
You Will Receive
- Full support for any questions you have during each step of your educational learning process
- A printed student reference manual
- Supplemental printable materials in the user interface
- Self-directed experiments and field-work to enhance your learning experience and give you practical experience to gain confidence
- Quizzes throughout the course
- Course examination
- Certificate upon successful completion of the course and examination
- Any materials needed shipped free anywhere in the world by courier