Prerequisite: Level 1 - Thermographic Applications or Infrared for Electrical Inspections.
The Electrical Specialty Course is designed to give practicing thermographers an in-depth understanding of applied thermography focused specifically on inspecting electrical systems and related equipment.
The class covers the inspection of electrical equipment from the utility substations right down through to low-voltage equipment. Review of case studies, interpretation of thermal images and root-cause failure discussions all form the basis of this course.
- Transmission and distribution systems
- Exterior substations and components
- Transformers, circuit breakers, and bus work
- Motor control centers, panels, and components
- Motors, generators, batteries, and power supplies
- DC systems and circuits
- Inspection parameters, procedures, and electrical safety
- Reporting, severity assessment, and prioritization
- Infrared inspection windows/viewports
- Using ultrasonics, EMT and other technologies
- Adding high-emissivity targets