Unity Village, MO 64065
Room Rate: Unity Village will save a few rooms for The Snell Group. The accomodations are basic with a few amenities. Mention you are with the Snell Group, and that you are a corporate guest. You will be given the corporate rate of $78.99 plus tax per night. Parking is free!
Lee's Summit, MO, 64086
Prerequisite: Level 1 - Thermographic Applications
The Electrical Applications specialty course is designed to give practicing thermographers an in-depth understanding of applied thermography focused specifically on inspecting electrical systems and related equipment.
The class covers the inspection of electrical equipment from the utility substations right down through to low-voltage equipment. Review of case studies, interpretation of thermal images and root-cause failure discussions all form the basis of this course.
- Transmission and distribution systems
- Exterior substations and components
- Transformers, circuit breakers, and bus work
- Motor control centers, panels, and components
- Motors, generators, batteries, and power supplies
- DC systems and circuits
- Inspection parameters, procedures, and electrical safety
- Reporting, severity assessment, and prioritization
- Infrared inspection windows/viewports
- Using ultrasonics, EMT and other technologies
- Adding high-emissivity targets